Find a song, artist, record...

Groin kicks in movies, sit-coms, video games, etc.

I would like to know what other peoples opinion is regarding the epidemic of guys getting kicked in the balls in movies, sitcoms, video games and even cartoons?

Now, I know a lot of people seem to think this kind of thing is funny? Well, if any of you guys have been kicked there and have experienced the most incapacitating pain of your life, you will probably think this is anything but funny. I recently went to see Shrek II at a second run movie theater with my two nieces. Well, I have to admit when I saw this gratuitous attack on Shrek's balls may laughter for the rest of the movie was rather forced.

Sadly, working in a junior/senior highschool I'm made fully aware that there is an epidemic of boys getting kicked, kneed, or punched in the groin by their classmates, occasionally some very seriously...a lot by girls. Last May I witnessed a particular incident. A 13 year old is at his locker and gets pushed for whatever reason. Then he pushes the other kid back. Then the kid kicks him in the balls and he drops to the floor in agony. The kid is completely incapacitated and starts vomiting due to the excruciating pain. The other kids are standing around watching, some laughing. Nobody, helps until a teacher steps in; he is unable to respond to the teacher because he is struggling to catch his breath. Several minutes later he is reluctant to tell the teacher what happened because he is so humiliated and believes the teacher may perceive his pain as amusing as well. Like other boys, he comes to the realization his pain is considered a big joke. The teachers are seeing this all the time. The movie industry seems to be perpetuating a lot of this behavior.

What kids go through today seems very different than what we went through back in the 1970's or even the 1960's. I remembered back then it seemed like an unwritten rule: you didn't hit below the belt. Particularly, since you didn't want to get hit there as well. I'd be interested in other peoples opinions and if they are aware of this aggressive type of behavior?

markydefad is online now Triple Platinum Record [Level 10]
    Remember "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"?

Was that the first time it was done for laughs? :-?

Rather than even attempt to fight his huge oppenent--Paul Newman just kicks Ted Cassidy (formerly "Lurch" on "The Adams Family") in the nuts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the early Eighties, it had escalated to Harrison Ford casually just shooting--instead of duelling--the Arab with the sword in "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure fire laughs!!!
    "Lost inside adorable illusion...."

Videoskooter is offline *** Forum Leader / Moderator ***
    No-as a man I can testify that it's not a pleasant event but...I remember reading a recent article of a certain S&M practice that is hot in Japan nowadays. Men are paying a lot of money to be kicked in the jewels by a young girl. I know this ain't new but the fact that a LOT of men want this "service" is strange I suppose.
    So, some like it I think.

If you want guys being kicked/hit in the balls, just watch any Home Video Show episodes. You nevr seem to go past an episode without at least one guy getting ball tortured.

BTW: Why would anyone pay to get kicked in the nuts??? :o

discohunter

StuckIn1979 is offline Advance Promo Copy [Level 3]
    Quote Originally Written by discohunter
    If you want guys being kicked/hit in the balls, just watch any Home Video Show episodes. You nevr seem to go past an episode without at least one guy getting ball tortured.

BTW: Why would anyone pay to get kicked in the nuts??? :o

discohunter
    It seems to be the proverbial cheap shot. Since they can't think of anything else, or be a bit more creative...just throw in a guy getting hit in the nuts.

12incher is offline Advance Promo Copy [Level 3]
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one getting sick of seeing this.

SanDee is offline Double Platinum Record [Level 9]
    It's no joke; the pain is enough to bring tears to a glass eye! :o

Re: Groin kicks in movies, sit-coms, video games, etc.

"BitchBag" asked:
    I would like to know what other peoples opinion is regarding the epidemic of guys getting kicked in the balls in movies, sitcoms, video games and even cartoons?
    :talking in a really high-pitched voice:
    I think it's awful! What kinda sicko enjoys this stuff, besides radical feminists and Lorena Bobbitt? :lol:

Rab is offline Underground Hit [Level 5]
    How about in Scrubs, the girl wacking all the guys in the jewels...

In The Little Darlings (1978)
    Kristy McNicol gives a guy a serious American Football kick in the groin...

Eye watering :-?

Re: Groin kicks in movies, sit-coms, video games, etc.

LITTLE DARLINGS - GROIN KICK
    I will agree! In the opening scene Kristy McNichols’ character “Angel” deliberately kicks that guy right square in the balls really, really hard. I have never seen anyone get his nuts badly busted and leveled to the ground by a little girl like that before. It’s Awesome!
    Although it is a very painful scene to watch (for guys anyway) it’s hysterically amusing. It’s also ironic because a movie title like “Little Darlings” sounds like it’s going to be about weak submissive girls, but then it suddenly begins with a WHAM! right in the nuts - an unexpected fun surprise for the entire audience. I can remember hearing a loud WHOO! coming from all of the guys throughout the entire Drive-In Theater where I first saw this film, this is definitely one scene that will make boys cringe and girls want to cheer.
    The groin kick is so realistic and very well-done. I have to admit that it is an appropriately great start to this film as it quickly establishes her character as a real toughie and gives true meaning to the movies tagline “Don’t Let the Name or Title Fool You!” Besides after viewing it how can anyone possible not love, admire and respect Kristy’s cute tough tomboy image.

Permissions