Find a song, artist, record...

New songs by France Joli

Hello,

I am a big fan of France Joli and I heard that she was coming out this year with new songs. Does anybody know if and when her new songs will be released. Any info. would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Doug

Re: New songs by France Joli

what does Joli's George Duke-produced album sound like? I occasionally see it and wonder if it's worth the money but after hearing her Pete Bellotte-produced album I'm reluctant to do any more experimenting.....5/5/2010

Witch of love is probably my favorite France Joli album.Let's just say it is very much in the pop/dance genre that brought acts like Pointer Sisters or Patti LaBelle much success at the time.

It features Party Lights - the Award winning song she performed in Japan and it's one of her best Hi-NRG single. Her vocals are absolutely spectacular.The title track is another NRGetic track and probably my #1 pick on the Lp. What about me and Love's on fire are two fast dance tracks. The first single and 12" was the rather downtempo Does He Dance - Billboard gave it a rave review at the time. Shep Pettibone remixed the 12" version.

In the pop/dance category with a slight R&B touch is Give me your love,
    In the darkness and Attitude (which was probably discarded from her Attitude Lp).

The sole ballad on the set is Love always finds a way and it is lovely.
    I rarely play the album on its own and I've combined it with Attitude on a CD-R.

If you say you didn't get into Attitude (which I also loved a lot) - you might not like it. As a hardcore Joli fan - I am still waiting for both Epic releases to make an appearance on CD or even iTunes.
    KRIS

Angry Re: New songs by France Joli

Quote Originally Written by dougford View Post
    I am a big fan of France Joli and I heard that she was coming out this year with new songs.
    That's exciting news. Where did you hear this?

And kd13, thanks for sharing your Witch Of Love review. It's good to get another perspective. I always get riled up when I think of France's Epic years, and that whole turning point in her career. But I love the WoL album cover. Could a woman look anymore beautiful? So kudos to Epic for that at least. And maybe when I simmer down I'll add my thoughts on the musical content.
    "Because there's music in the air."

Quote Originally Written by FranceJoliFan View Post
    That's exciting news. Where did you hear this?
    The original post in this thread is from 2003.

Quote Originally Written by BrunoRepublic View Post
    The original post in this thread is from 2003.
    Thanks, Bruno. And I hope her seven years in the studio pays off.

: )

Quote Originally Written by kdavid13 View Post
    Witch of love is probably my favorite France Joli album.
    "Does he dance" is a good song and the Pettibone remix is very good.
    The pics on the cover of the lp and the 12" are a little too much over the top for my taste but France Joli is of course a beautiful woman.

My copy of the lp "Witch of love" doesn't have any information sheet inside (lyrics or production notes); the only information I have is what is printed on the back of the cover. Is that normal?

Quote Originally Written by PierreConstantin View Post
    My copy of the lp "Witch of love" doesn't have any information sheet inside (lyrics or production notes); the only information I have is what is printed on the back of the cover. Is that normal?
    I sold my copy years ago, so I don't know. I don't remember lyrics printed on anything. Maybe someone else can verify.

I especially like to see the musician line-up on credits, including background vocalists. And photographer credit too, which is often left off. To me, the cover artwork is always important (and collectible.)

Quote Originally Written by PierreConstantin View Post
    The pics on the cover of the lp and the 12" are a little too much over the top for my taste but France Joli is of course a beautiful woman.

Not much is known about this release and the only few details that surfaced : a)Matthew Rolston took the pictures and that Lane/Donald did the art direction.
    b) France was still being managed by Weisner/DeMann in association with her mother Michelle Joli.
    KRIS

Thanks for the info KDavid13 and FranceJoliFan. So strange that we don't have much information about this album.

Permissions