Videoskooter is offline *** Forum Leader / Moderator ***

R.I.P. Beastie Boy Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Just received the news that Beastie Boy legend Adam Yauch has lost his fight against cancer.

R.I.P. and thank you for the beats!

Last edited by Videoskooter; May 6th, 2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Tinypic is really gettin' on my nerves with their deleting

DBS™ Media & Entertainment ® 81925 München/Deutschland

markydefad is offline Triple Platinum Record [Level 10]

Re: R.I.P. Beastie Boy Adam Yauch 1964-2012

Sad news; I had no idea he was so ill. This really makes me feel old--I considered these guys punks back in the Eighties. Really liked "Fight For Your Right To Party".....the rest less so---but I was a Boomer and they were Gen X. They weren't making music for me. RIP. Mr. Yauch.
    "Lost inside adorable illusion...."

Bernie is offline DiscoMusic.com Owner / Administrator

Wow, a year younger than me. R.I.P. Adam.
    Bernard Lopez

Owner/publisher of DiscoMusic.com - on the web since 1996.

DiscoMusic.com on Facebook and Google+

langlang is offline Underground Hit [Level 5]

very sad. another artist gone. i heard the beasties are in the rock and roll hall of fame. i really never got the beasties,they seem more like hip hop posers than anything. i believe there are many more deserving dance artists that should be in than some guys that made their name off one song. is donna or chic in yet???

I've got several years on Adam, at his passing. I will always remember him for his deep concern for the freedom of Tibet and his committed lifelong pursuit of Buddhism. Leading me to another very small brush with greatness: I thought it was karmic debt when, after leaking the title of "Licensed To Ill" as "Don't Be a Faggot," yeah, really, "Faggot!" after Russell Simmons took the time and effort to send good soldier Gary Harris over to me at the Ritz one night to explain why I should not be exercised over the slur, Adam himself was later part of a struggle for justice just as hard, or harder, than the civil rights-gay rights struggle in America. At that time, I had asked Bill Adler, Def Jam's original publicist, to remove my name and an old enthusiastic quote from a 1986 artist bio, lest it seem I endorsed their stupid punk schtick. Not much later, I declined when Marc Kamins offered to introduce me to them in his booth at Area ( Adam had already taken a publicity photo stretching his eyelids with his fingers to make chinky-eyes, and, pissed-off, I compared the album track "Girls" not to the Isley Brothers, though it was manifestly a cover of "Shout," but to the Dovells, to connect them rhetorically with washed-out lily-white teen idols of the pre-Beatles era.That same evening, I bumped into the three of them them hanging outside the Area men's room in a way even I found creepy. Brush with greatness, see?
    skiddly bop doo wow! (Billy Paul) Wake up and live! (Debbie Allen) Ommmm...(Me)
    Bow-chick-a-bow, chick-a-bow-wow-wow!(Hugh Roy)
    Pray like it's all up to God, work like it's all up to you.
    The only people you need to get even with are the ones who helped you.(Patti LaBelle)
    When life hands you lemons, marinate the chicken.(Anne Burrell)

Permissions