Thread: What Free Audio Software to Transfer Vinyl Records To Computer

Masdefi is offline Underground Hit [Level 5]

What Free Audio Software to Transfer Vinyl Records To Computer

Hi All, I'm back!!!!

I would like to store my collection of about 1,000 vynil records on the hard disk, can you suggest me the best program FREE that I could download from the Internet?
    I would like to store without any control (high-bass), but with the possibility to monitor the recording volume.
    Thank you all, and a special thanks to Bernie!

Masdefi
    People all over the world, It\'s time for love & understanding, Come together!!

Bernie is offline DiscoMusic.com Owner / Administrator

Re: Vynil records on the computer........... huge work!

Hi Masdefi,

Good to see you back on the forums!

The music recording program Audacity is free and available for Mac and Windows: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I use Bias Peak on the Mac to record my audio, but I have given Audacity a spin and it works very well and is FREE.
    Bernard Lopez

Owner/publisher of DiscoMusic.com - on the web since 1996.

DiscoMusic.com on Facebook and Google+

Hi Bernie,
    thank you very much for your reply!
    I will download and try it.
    I saw all of your web sites, very nice the old buses!! My personal compliments for holding so many web sites!
    best regards, Masdefi

Eclipse is offline Indie Release [Level 4]

I have been using Audacity on the Mac for the last couple of years, and it works great. It may not have the prettiest interface out there, but it does the job quite well. Before I switched from Windows to Mac, I used Cool Edit Pro and then Adobe Audition, and I think that Audacity is excellent for the home user.

I've downloaded Audacity but haven't tried using it yet...the design is a bit intimidating....all the symbols, numbers, meters, levels...it looks like the controls in the cockpits of airplanes I've seen on TV...wow. Up until now I've used the EZ Vinyl Tape Converter though it has a TON of flaws.

Re: What Free Audio Software to Transfer Vinyl Records To Computer

Thanks to all guys,

I have downloaded the Audacity, it seems a bit "essential" as graphics.
    I would say better: I tryed GoldWave, it's amazing because has a looot of different shapes for the VU-meters, instead on Audacity, just the classic bars.- Isn't it?

The problem of GoldWave is the duration 30 days, after it stops working.
    Is there anybody out there who knows if there's a completely free version of GoldWave without expiring?
    If yes please let me know where I can download from.

Thanks to all and ciao!

Bernie is offline DiscoMusic.com Owner / Administrator

GoldWave is NOT free software, as clearly outlined on their page: http://www.goldwave.com/purchase.php
    Stick with Audacity if you want free.
    Bernard Lopez

Owner/publisher of DiscoMusic.com - on the web since 1996.

DiscoMusic.com on Facebook and Google+

Audacity is pretty simple as audio editors go, but for straight-forward recording, it gets the job done.

Permissions

vagrant-critical