Find a song, artist, record...
    Bernie is offline DiscoMusic.com Owner / Administrator

Steve Jobs and his legacy

Steve Jobs: a true visionary who has forever changed my life as it was my first computer in 1996-an Apple PowerMac 8500-that allowed me to dream and think that I could create a website: discomusic.com and several others. To think that if I hadn't bought that computer my life would not be as fulfilling as it is today. Thanks Steve for letting us dream and create! The clip below is a great reminder...

Bernard Lopez

Owner/publisher of DiscoMusic.com - on the web since 1996.

DiscoMusic.com on Facebook and Google+

remicks is offline Double Platinum Record [Level 9]

Re: Steve Jobs and his legacy

Quote Originally Written by Bernie View Post
    Steve Jobs: a true visionary who has forever changed my life as it was my first computer in 1996-an Apple PowerMac 8500-that allowed me to dream and think that I could create a website: discomusic.com
    Praise be Steve Jobs!!!

found this little perspective worth digesting:

Apple's co-founder and Visionary-in-Chief, Steve Jobs, died yesterday from complications of pancreatic cancer. He was 56 and worth an estimated $8 billion. Unlike Bill Gates, with whom he is often compared, he was a creative genius without parallel. Gates was a clever and very lucky businessman (almost as an afterthought, IBM came to him when it was looking for an operating system for its new personal computer in the early 1980s, and he quickly bought one from a small Seattle company and sold it to IBM as MS-DOS, which later led to Windows). But Jobs was involved in every aspect of Apple's business, which ultimately transformed the computer, music, and telecommunications industries. Obituaries of Jobs can be probably be found in every newspaper in the country.

Last edited by remicks; October 7th, 2011 at 05:21 PM.

I still recall the thrill -
    I guess I always will

hard to imagine what modern life would be like without his contributions. One of his associates posted on AOL that Jobs was not exactly tactful or the easiest person to get along with but that's probably true for many gifted people. Kind of ironic though, that with all his talent and millions, the one thing he needed the most was the one thing money can't ever buy: health. And since his inventions had such a profound effect on the music industry, I'd love to know how musicians whose lives were negatively affected by downloading feel about him. That crossed my mind recently when I read about Sly Stone being homeless. 10/9/2011

SteveJobsObi-web.jpgI did this for a friend who's an Apple Fanatic, but I really used a PC to make it. Don't tell anyone!

Permissions