Find a song, artist, record...
Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last
    markydefad is offline Triple Platinum Record [Level 10]

Re: Playlist for Remember the White Party, 10-10-10!

Quote Originally Written by keefelc View Post
    Finally! LOL!! The score now jumps to 7 with the addition of Fairy Tale High (that was the only track from the 4 you originally listed, Mark).
    Instant Recap!
    These Titles Approved:

1) Spring Affair
    2) Summer Fever
    3) I Feel Love
    4) Try Me I Know We Can Make It
    5) I Love You
    6) Love To Love You Baby
    7) Fairy Tale High
    8) ????
    9) ????
    10) ????
    11)....snippet of something....

These Titles Already Rejected:

2) "Come With Me"
    3) "Love's Unkind"
    4) "Our Love"
    5) "Once Upon A Time/Faster & Faster To Nowhere/Say Something nice
    6) "Hot Stuff/Bad Girls"
    7) "No More Tears, (Enough Is Enough)"
    8) "Love Is In Control (Finger On The Trigger)"

2) LAST DANCE
    3) WASTED
    5) RUMOUR HAS IT

1) MacArthur Park Suite (including Heaven Knows + One Of A Kind)
    2) On The Radio
    3) Could It Be Magic
    4) Theme From "The Deep" (Deep Down Inside)
    5) State Of Independence
    6) Winter Melody

also:
    SHE WORKS HARD FOR THE MONEY (played a lot at The Troc)
    LUCKY
    QUEEN FOR A DAY (.75)
    DIM ALL THE LIGHTS
    Last edited by markydefad; October 14th, 2010 at 08:17 PM.
    "Lost inside adorable illusion...."

OK, I now offer up these:

I REMEMBER YESTERDAY - is this a theme relating to Art Deco?

Too recent?
    THIS TIME I KNOW IT'S FOR REAL
    LOVE'S ABOUT TO CHANGE MY HEART

remicks is offline Double Platinum Record [Level 9]

Hi Remicks!
    Jerry did surprise us with a song from Barry Manilow's discography that was very appropriate to the evening (very fun!), but it wasn't "Could It Be Magic"!

Sorry, the score remains unchanged. LOL!

Once again, I remind you of the themes incorporated into this year's party. Here's another hint, people who used to go to the Troc were usually what? ;o)
    Hi Keefe
    Don't overly torture me OK this year with what a great party I regrettably missed ...
    but , I was there in spirit !!!!!
    ....I rolled over in my bed at about two-thirty AM and thought....." I wonder what Jerry is playing right now ...." I don't think I imagined COPACABANA ..... but I'm fine with it!!
    people who used to go to the Troc were usually what?
    Heaven Knows ..... but SUNSET PEOPLE (?) out looking for COLD LOVE , who when you asked them to dance would sometimes WALK AWAY ??? ....(???)

Last edited by remicks; October 14th, 2010 at 09:39 PM.

I still recall the thrill -
    I guess I always will

Marky , your "# 6" was - I LOVE YOU

and Keefe revealed this: :

I'll give you one more, a tribute to Donna just had to include the song that started it all for her and Jerry did bring "Love To Love You Baby" into his beautiful beautiful morning set!

I guess I always will

Thanks--I forgot to add "LTLYB" to the list. OK that's 7 down. 3 + a snippet to go.

Quote Originally Written by markydefad View Post
    OK, I now offer up these:

I REMEMBER YESTERDAY - is this a theme relating to Art Deco?
    My fantasy would that it is this - followed by DR . BUZZARD

I guess I always will

Mark, you have two songs listed on your already rejected list that I didn't reject. Remicks does list one of the song as a guess in his subsequent message! I must add that Jerry added a very nice touch with his remix of the song!

Next, of course Jerry played "I Remember Yesterday"! I thought that someone would have guessed that tune at the very beginning! Wait until you see and hear what he paired this song up along with another surprise snippet. BTW, Remicks he didn't pair up "I Remember Yesterday" with Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band, but he did pair up "Cherchez La Femme" with "Copacabana"!! Will that do??? "Cherchez" was the second of two Dr. Buzzard songs during the evening. Care to venture a guess on the second??

Got to spread this message around, the people of the world should be getting down. Moving my feet, headed towards the floor. Gonna get down and get down some more!

We did! People this year coming as far as New Zealand and Australia, Finland (Mr. Jussi Kantonen who danced from the beginning to the end!) and Brazil (I think Chris told me Brazil).
    Last edited by keefelc; October 14th, 2010 at 10:05 PM.

You guys are sooooo close, so here are some hints for the last two tracks (not including the snippet)! First off, a recap of the songs you have guessed in the order of appearance:

1. I Remember Yesterday
    2. Try Me, I Know We Can Make It
    3. Spring Affair
    4. Summer Fever
    5. I Feel Love
    6. Fairy Tale High
    7. ?
    8. I Love You
    9. ?
    10. Love To Love You Baby
    11. The snippet

One of the missing tracks can be found on two different albums, one not by Donna. The second missing track is so close to another. Now remember, Jerry Bonham loves to tell a story in music!

11. The snippet
    snipped from
    SUNSET PEOPLE
    ......?

One of the missing tracks can be found on two different albums, one not by Donna.
    From
    WITH YOUR LOVE (although I don't know of any DS albums it appears on ---???-----)

The second missing track is so close to another. Now remember, Jerry Bonham loves to tell a story in music!
    HEAVEN KNOWS

?????

BTW, Remicks he didn't pair up "I Remember Yesterday" with Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band, but he did pair up "Cherchez La Femme" with "Copacabana"!! Will that do??? "Cherchez" was the second of two Dr. Buzzard songs during the evening. Care to venture a guess on the second??
    Can't wait to hear CHERCHEZ and COPA ....perfect!

Other Buzzard tune??? ----SOUR & SWEET ??!

Was I REMEMBER YESTERDAY followed by :

A TROC STANDARD

or

perhaps??????????

I guess I always will

Actually Remicks, "Heaven Knows" is in the Number 7 slot! Mark, you had the song all lumped together as the MP Suite. That's why I mentioned to treat each of the 3 songs separately. ;o) Now, what other album can you find this track on and how is that version different? I think most of you know the answers to those questions. Jerry took full advantage of the differences!

The snippet is not from Sunset People.

A conclusion for No. 9 is so close!

As for "Sing, Sing, Sing," yes Jerry did spin the track but not in his wind up set, which is where we found "I Remember Yesterday." Surprisingly, he had the song in the portion of his set as he was winding down to morning music. In fact, he played Charlie Calello two songs before "Cherchez La Femme" and two songs after the other Dr. Buzzard cut that we heard (which was not "Sour And Sweet"). When you see the songs in this portion of the evening, I think you'll understand why people easily stayed glued to the dancefloor all night long! Just as you thought you were getting tired, Jerry would splash you with a refreshing and rejuvenating surprise to keep your feet dancing, dancing! :o)

Btw, I gave you a major hint as to the songs surrounding "I Remember Yesterday" in my earlier post!

The 10-10-10 was my 2nd Remember The Party event, prior to which I had heard Jerry break all boundaries in his boxed cd sets. Last year, the scene was space, this year we were vip guests in a posh Hollywood Ball. On the stage, two identical sailors in white saluted the floor, two Human Birthday Cakes on high heels teetered about offering strings of white pearls to the dancers, hysterically emoting drag queens towered above everybody and white balloons bobbed under the lights. Mr Bruno Republic from Canada, jumping to the beat. A mesmerizing light show, earthquake bass. Disco in the extreme.
    The music was again presented thematically rather than chronologically, with astonishing urban and tribal sonic landscapes from across all continents, building towards a climatic final Glamourama segment I personally think was the most audacious piece of dj-ing ever, and 100% successful. What could have turned out merely kitschy in lesser hands totally fulfilled the promise of the concept of The White Party in the classiest manner possible. No small feat considering 95% of the music was familiar classics we all had heard countless times. You narrowed your eyes and were on top of that massive drum in whatsthatfilm, Flying Down To Rio, doing the carioca and the continental with Ginger&Fred, Carmen and the co. Begin The Beguine, Poinciana, Sing Sing Sing. I can't think of anyone else but Mr Bonham who could manage to make each song sound like a revelation. The timing, the technique, everything was perfect without being clinical. To think what he could make with more obscure wonders...
    The most mindblowing sequence of the night for me was when the Maestro went from Ritchie Family's Frenesi to Love Unlimited Ork's My Sweet Summer Suite. Unforgettable. I'll remember the feeling till the end of my days.
    So, if you did not make it to the party this year, make it to the next one. Trust me, there's NOTHING more important you can save money for, if you're thinking of going to any sort of holiday in 2011. If you're into disco you cannot miss these parties. Even if you don't like gay clubs, you need to attend. I'm no fan of gay clubs, hate the endless ladygaga stuff, the sucking in of the cheeks, the posing and the way music is seen as just as another fashion accessory. Imo the Troc gigs are not gay as such. They're unique, universal celebrations of the grandest music, period. Still, there are the bears...so just make sure to avoid the center of the floor, mountains of dripping wet, fat bare hairy flesh there - ugh! :-)

Last edited by JussiK; October 16th, 2010 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Written by JussiK View Post
    Still, there are the bears...so just make sure to avoid the center of the floor, mountains of dripping wet, fat bare hairy flesh there - ugh! :-)
    I thought that was one of the best parts. :)

Quote Originally Written by JussiK View Post
    The most mindblowing sequence of the night for me was when the Maestro went from Ritchie Family's Frenesi to Love Unlimited Ork's My Sweet Summer Suite. Unforgettable. I'll remember the feeling till the end of my days.
    The thought of hearing that mix in a club setting makes my heart ache!!!!!

OK
    while Marky's off busy chart calculating ...... I'm gonna give this another shot .....

keefelc : Btw, I gave you a major hint as to the songs surrounding "I Remember Yesterday" in my earlier post!
    that clue being ? :

Next, of course Jerry played "I Remember Yesterday"! I thought that someone would have guessed that tune at the very beginning!
    "at the very beginning" ......so .....I REMEMBER YESTERDAY was the very first song of the evening .....

"surrounding" .... so since TRY ME is listed as Donna's next song to get played ......was I REMEMBER YESTERDAY followed directly by TRY ME .... ???

For Jerry's musical telling of a story ... the gossipy RUMOUR HAS IT ( & "so close to another") must be song # 9

and for the same reason, LAST DANCE must have been the teaser snippet used to introduce the night's ..............last dance .....

????

Last edited by remicks; October 17th, 2010 at 12:35 AM.

I guess I always will

Jussi, thank you for your incredible comments about RtWP! You get what we've been trying to do - a celebration of the music indeed!! We are sooooo fortunate to have people in our White Light Productions team who are so dedicated because of their love of the music and the Trocadero Transfer. I think what makes the RtPs unique is that these parties are not done for profit. They are done because we want to have a comfortable space to experience the, as you say so nicely, "grandest music" that we love. The space is not really set up to be a cruise bar (not that it isn't happening - the things that we've seen! LOL!). The majority of people who come to our events (like you) share our love and celebration of the music!

BTW, Deana and Diva D were wearing Wedding cakes, complete with two grooms, rather than Birthday cakes! They had on big poofy white wedding dresses! We always anxiously await the elaborate matching costumes they surprise us with at the RtPs!!!

We love the Bear Community! We are grateful that they have supported the RtPs from day one!! But, dear Jussi, you're now understanding why Troc had it's different sections back in the day. You had your corner dedicated to those into fashion, you had your International section, your leather section, your Bear section, etc. You wouldn't find the folks in the Fashion section dancing too close to the Bears because they wanted to look as fresh as a daisy for as long as possible. Heaven forbid some big muscled bear bump into their fine expensive outfits with their sweaty bodies! So, the fashion corner used to be close by the restrooms and the entry hallway (it was a little cooler over in that area). Next time you're here, I need to give you a copy of "Wrecked For Life: The Trip and Magic of The Trocadero Transfer" to watch. It'll explain alot.

Now, dear Remicks, I think I have you thoroughly confused. Sorry about that. "I Remember Yesterday" wasn't the first song of the evening. When I said at the beginning, I was referring to guessing the song at the beginning of this quiz. LOL! Jerry opened the evening with "The Continental" and "Putting On The Ritz" by Ginger and Fred and Taco! The Fred and Ginger section came complete with crackles and pops like an old time movie, then crystal clarity as he moved us into Taco.

The hints I gave you for the songs surrounding "I Remember Yesterday" are not Donna Summer songs. One song features one of my FAVORITE female vocalists! So, "Try Me..." was played about 11 songs after "I Remember Yesterday" - after Jerry's terrific Philly set and a Diamond cut, a Gregg Diamond cut that is. Oh, I'll go ahead and tell you, Jerry played a fav of mine, "This Side Of Midnight," which had me singing along for awhile before I realized I was videotaping. LOL!!!

Remicks, the ninth Donna song was not "Rumour Has It" but you're soooo close to the end!

One of the missing tracks can be found on two different albums, one not by Donna. The second missing track is so close to another. Now remember, Jerry Bonham loves to tell a story in music!
    Heaven Knows, also on a Brooklyn Dreams album with Donna swapping with the male vocal.

And is song number nine Je T'aime Moi Non Plus? Which would tie in with I Love You.
    "Because there's music in the air."

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last

Permissions