Thread: it is not a disco song however an r&B song

it is not a disco song however an r&B song

It is a woman who sings the song, i remember part of the lyrics " Feel so good words can't explain it has to be the sweetest things, when i am in your arms you hold me tight, turn down the lights turn down the lights, the way you touch you make me feel - When i look into your eyes i get lost in paradise, paradise, only you can set me free from this pain and misery, ooo i love you so bad it hurts me , it feels so good inside.

I have disco song( this song is a man sing the song) that i can only hmm and i am desperately trying to find the artist one can call me at 347 414 0760 to help me , thanks

SanDee is offline Double Platinum Record [Level 9]

Re: it is not a disco song however an r&B song

It's 'The Sweetest Pain' (not sweetest thing) by Dexter Wansell featuring the gorgeous vocals of Terri Wells from '79. Pure class!
    They Only Come Out At Night.......
    My heart is in the cause of the uncommon man.

drh is offline Advance Promo Copy [Level 3]

Yeah, "The Sweetest Pain" by Dexter Wansel, the man who wrote "Nights over Egypt" by the Jones Girls and "Hurry up this way again" by the Stylistics. Great writer and arranger, very jazzy style, particularly effective on "Life on Mars".

Quote Originally Written by drh View Post
    Great writer and arranger

I don't call many people a genius, but I would call Dexter that. His body of work is quite extraordinary but I bet many people have never heard of him.

Quote Originally Written by SandraDee View Post
    It's 'The Sweetest Pain' (not sweetest thing) by Dexter Wansell featuring the gorgeous vocals of Terri Wells from '79. Pure class!
    wow, I'd like to hear that. I thought Wansell was a writer and producer only....I've seen his name on lots of PIR records.

Quote Originally Written by Cory Ander View Post
    wow, I'd like to hear that. I thought Wansell was a writer and producer only....I've seen his name on lots of PIR records.

He had 4 LPs out on Philly between '76 & '79 & they all have their own different style,ranging from jazz-rock, funk to disco, but they're all fabulous IMO. There is a double CD that features all 4 LPs which will probably be cheaper than buying the vinyl.

Loose Ends also released it as a single and on their 1985-album "So Where Are You ?"

Loose Ends - Sweetest Pain / Ooh, You Make Me Feel (12") at Discogs

Permissions

vagrant-critical