Great to read your memories of Tony Prince's top 20 Disco Import show on Luxembourg.
I can hardly believe it myself that as a youngster (I was 12 years old in 1979!) I was always locked in to Mr Prince (the royal rular I believe?) on a Friday night checking out the disco Import show (clutching a Blues & Soul or Groove Weekly magazine to check what was being played!).
Random highlights for me (off the top of my head!) - Not sure why these stick in my mind really?
1) Lipps Inc 'Funkytown' being No.1 way before it came out in the UK (and became a pop hit!)
2) Dee Dee Sharp Gamble - 'Breaking & Entering'
3) Wont you let me be the one - Micheal Mcglory (?)
4) My friend and I taking a transistor radio on school camp and listening to 'Movin & Groovin' by Atlantis while everyone else was trying to sleep (and getting a rollocking from a teacher!)
5) Alan Coulthard's mixes were incredible.
6) Adverts for Cutie Cura foot powder!!!
And this was all good 2 years before I had ever stepped inside a credible club!!
I did record some bits of the show (but as the quality was always so bad I never really got much and always stopped the cassette after Tony had announced the track) - of course its now somewhere in a box of 100's of tapes!
Anyway, the reason why I found your chat room is because I have a show on colourful radio (colourfulradio.com/sky digital channel 194/soon to be DAB across London) where I play a selection of Disco/Boogie/Rare Groove/Northern Soul & a bit of reggae. A couple of weeks ago I actually ran down a City Slickers chart from a 1983 copy of B & S and was hoping to find out if anybody had anymore on line - I do have a stack of Groove Weeklys in the loft but again its finding them!
If anybody has any charts they could send through I would be up for doing another rundown in the show (and I can give you a shout out).
I did once meet Tony Prince (when judging a DMC competition) and I did mention how imspirational his show had been, but that was a while ago now.
What great times!