Find a song, artist, record...

Thread: I wonder Who

I wonder Who

The title of this post is also the song I'm looking for; I;ve heard it several times before and it sounds late seventies to me, though perhaps early eighties, possibly, though it could be early 70;s. Anyways, I really want to to find out he name of the song;
    the lyrics I remember hearing are : I wonder wonder wonder wonder whoooooo....;
    and I have searched relentlessly for it. Anyone know?
    I remember there being flute in the song.

markydefad is online now Triple Platinum Record [Level 10]

Re: I wonder Who

Well, your clues make me think of...

"well I wonder, wonder, wonder, wonder whoooooo...
    who wrote the book of love?"

but this song is from the Fifties:

"The Book Of Love" - The Monotones (1958)

so maybe a remake or I'll way off ....
    "Lost inside adorable illusion...."

Alas! That is exactly what another oldies music afficionado said; and in reply to that one guy, I said there's no way; the two songs are completely
    different in nature; book of love is, to me very obnoxious sounding, while the one I'm searching for is quite the opposite and probably not as old. Remember, it has flute in it; it seems to be circa late 70's, maybe early 80's. It's chill sounding.
    Last edited by UltimateBeeGeesFan; November 29th, 2007 at 03:41 AM. Reason: sentence disagreement

Look here. Click the album cover at the bottom right. I think this is what you're after. :icon_biggrin:

markydefad is online now Triple Platinum Record [Level 10]

Jesus H. Christ!!!

Bos Scaggs!!! of course, it's "Lowdown"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How could I not think of that???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_rolleyes::icon_redface: :icon_exclaim::icon_exclaim::icon_exclaim:
    "Lost inside adorable illusion...."

Boz Scaggs has a new version of his "Lowdown" classic. Smooth Jazz Radio Stations are spinning it.

Here is a Mexican Album on the vaults.
    Boz Scaggs Muy Bajo (Lowdown) (Mexican 7") DiscoMusic.com

Thanks so much for the info- I knew it was a seventies song; I am very glad to have found out about Boz Scaggs; when I heard it I assumed the singer was black guy, but not so I guess! This song makes me want to groove; that flute is far out. Lowdonw-a name I haven't heard in ths ongl maybe if I listen to the it closely I will ;the main line I heard was I wonder wonder wonder wonder whooooo; this song kicks the **** out of that lame, obnoxious Book of Love Song by the Monotones!
    There are so many good songs to be found in the 70's! That's why it's my favorite decade.

Permissions