Thread: ask LOLEATTA

ask LOLEATTA

Tommorow at 10 am I interview legendary Diva Loleatta Holloway
    I know what I'm going to ask her..
    You know how I roll...Submit a question and I will ask her the question personally from you ..
    I will be checking this thread untill 7 am tomorrow..
    Dayna
    http://kiss-my-diva-ass.tumblr.com/
    A True Diva Needs No Introduction Her Entrance Speaks For Itself

Re: ask LOLEATTA

Hi Dayna, can you ask Miss Holloway this very simple question.

Could she ever imagine while she was recording tracks like "Love Sensation" that so many, many years later those songs are still filling Dance floors all over the globe, in others words that she's the voice of some many classics, cherished by so many people!

And of course give her a BIG kiss from me!
    DBS™ Media & Entertainment GmbH ® München/Deutschland

DBS™ Official @YouTube|||DBS™ @Twitter

Quote Originally Written by Videoskooter View Post
    Hi Dayna, can you ask Miss Holloway this very simple question.

Could she ever imagine while she was recording tracks like "Love Sensation" that so many, many years later those songs are still filling Dance floors all over the globe, in others words that she's the voice of some many classics, cherished by so many people!

And of course give her a BIG kiss from me!
    Could I ever refuse you anything ?
    hehe.. .. Of course I will

hi danya, could you ask loleatta what are are favourite songs she recorded from her aware recordings, i love those albums and thought at the time [and still do] it would have been great to have had one more album from the label especially if it had been full of sam dees penned songs:icon_biggrin: sadly it wasnt to be as the companys boss had lots of problems and it was the end of the road, thankfully not for loleatta:icon_mrgreen:

Quote Originally Written by DISCODISK View Post
    hi danya, could you ask loleatta what are are favourite songs she recorded from her aware recordings, i love those albums and thought at the time [and still do] it would have been great to have had one more album from the label especially if it had been full of sam dees penned songs:icon_biggrin: sadly it wasnt to be as the companys boss had lots of problems and it was the end of the road, thankfully not for loleatta:icon_mrgreen:
    I sure will...............

Disco Funk is offline Platinum Record [Level 8]

Hey Dayna,

I'd like to find out which of the Philly producers she found most fun or easy to work with. Off the top of my head I can think of Norman Harris and Bunny Sigler. She might have worked with Vince Montana too, I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Disco Funk

Hey Dayna,

I hope this question isn't too sensitive, but I was wondering if she's had any issues getting her proper dues from Salsoul, as far as royalties are concerned. It seems like a fairly common issue with many artists from the disco era (see Vince Montana and your recent interview with Taana Gardner), so I'm just curious..

I'm also wondering if you can ask if she has any new material on the horizon. It was great seeing Love Sensation hitting the clubs all over again a little while back (too bad she was left out of the video though)..

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Written by Disco Funk View Post
    Hey Dayna,

I'd like to find out which of the Philly producers she found most fun or easy to work with. Off the top of my head I can think of Norman Harris and Bunny Sigler. She might have worked with Vince Montana too, I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Disco Funk
    I drafted a question SPECIFICALLY about Vince Montana Jr..He co wrote Runaway ..He intriques me..
    I always ask who the artist who they most like working with and I have a question drafted about Norman Harris as well..
    Thank you for your participation..

Quote Originally Written by neonlights View Post
    Hey Dayna,

I hope this question isn't too sensitive, but I was wondering if she's had any issues getting her proper dues from Salsoul, as far as royalties are concerned. It seems like a fairly common issue with many artists from the disco era (see Vince Montana and your recent interview with Taana Gardner), so I'm just curious..

I'm also wondering if you can ask if she has any new material on the horizon. It was great seeing Love Sensation hitting the clubs all over again a little while back (too bad she was left out of the video though)..

Thanks in advance
    I can ask that question on a non controversial manner,and I will ask about the new material..
    Thank you...

Maybe you should also ask which disco diva has she considered as a rival?Jocelyn Brown maybe?her tracks also rule the dancefloor now!

Man, she answered the royalty question, allright! Thanks for presenting it to her, Dayna.. It's sad to think she's not compensated properly for these records, which have been, quite frankly, regularly whored out with dozens of remixes, samples and reissues over the years.. The lady is a survivor! Thanks for another great interview!

Quote Originally Written by neonlights View Post
    Man, she answered the royalty question, allright! Thanks for presenting it to her, Dayna.. It's sad to think she's not compensated properly for these records, which have been, quite frankly, regularly whored out with dozens of remixes, samples and reissues over the years.. The lady is a survivor! Thanks for another great interview!
    Your right,she sure did answer it as have so many other black entertainers in the industry,Mainly female~!!
    I think it's shameful and a travesty but I can only put it out there and cant control what happens.
    She told me some things "off the record" that made me cringe as well..but when doing an interview I keep my word and keep the "off the record" OFF............

Permissions

vagrant-critical