Find a song, artist, record...

Melba More/Miss Thing

Just picked up a decent copy of the Burn LP, which, despite being a Bellotte production job, is pretty meh. Melba made lots of quality tunes, but this LP is generally just lifeless, but Miss Thing is damn funky. Great taught bass, sassy lyircs and horn bits. So, any other fansof this OTT clasique?

The video on YouTube is priceless too...
    "I come from a world where there's nothing you can live for, except when day turns into night, I'm a star in neon lights..."

needlefingers is offline Platinum Record [Level 8]

Re: Melba More/Miss Thing

I've always been a fan of BURN the album.But I'm the first to admit that it lacks a little something.

Being a huge Donna Summer fan ; anytime one of her producers did an outside project I'd buy it.

While I love the flow of songs and the traditional Bellote touches ; it is rather bland.

My favorite track is I DON'T WANNA LOSE YOUR LOVE.
    KRIS

remicks is offline Double Platinum Record [Level 9]

needlefingers: Melba is playing tonight in NYC.

Playbill News: Melba Moore Takes a Curtain Call Sept. 3
    wow Melba Moore for five bucks !!! :icon_biggrin:

As part of Scott Nevins' Curtain Call series at the popular dance club, Moore will perform a full set following the weekly "Musical Mondays" video presentations of Broadway performances. Moore's concert is scheduled for 11 PM.

A singer with a multi-octave range, Moore began her career as a back-up singer for the likes of Aretha Franklin, Dionne Warwick and Liza Minnelli. Her work in the original company of Hair led to her Tony-winning role in Purlie, and since then Moore has performed in concert arenas throughout the world. Her R&B hits include "I Am His Lady," "Falling" and "Read My Lips," which was nominated for a Grammy Award. (and what about her disco hits :icon_razz:)

Splash Bar is located in Manhattan at 50 West 17th Street. Admission is free until 10 PM; there is a $5 charge after that time. Attendees must be 21 or older with identification.

Are you not going needlefingers ??? :icon_mrgreen:

I still recall the thrill -
    I guess I always will

needlefingers is offline Platinum Record [Level 8]

Quote Originally Written by remicks View Post
    Are you not going needlefingers ??? :icon_mrgreen:

I could not make it, but I'll keep an eye out for a review.

Quote Originally Written by FrontPage22 View Post
    Just picked up a decent copy of the Burn LP, which, despite being a Bellotte production job, is pretty meh. Melba made lots of quality tunes, but this LP is generally just lifeless, but Miss Thing is damn funky. Great taught bass, sassy lyircs and horn bits. So, any other fansof this OTT clasique?

The video on YouTube is priceless too...
    I was curious about the origin of the Record "Miss Thing" so I called Melba last night and she told me that the song "written by her" was a homage to her gay fans and kind of a gay anthem.."1979" was a time of flamboyance in the gay community and the term Miss Thing was used ALOT by the gay people.Straight people caught on about 10 years later....But I HATED to be called that~!! :icon_eek:lol
    http://kiss-my-diva-ass.tumblr.com/
    A True Diva Needs No Introduction Her Entrance Speaks For Itself

Well, that fat bass and sassy delivery really make it smoke!!!

A standout cut.

The one Burn song I like besides that is Night People...loads of syndrum and smooth sound.
    "I come from a world where there's nothing you can live for, except when day turns into night, I'm a star in neon lights..."

Permissions