Thread: USA Hi-NRG chart, December 1986 *20 years ago*

USA Hi-NRG chart, December 1986 *20 years ago*

So 9 new entries since the November chart which I published earlier....

4 - World Domination -- Belle Stars
    5 - What A Night -- Terry Iten
    6 - Starting Over -- Cyndi Cee
    7 - I Don't Wanna Talk About The Weather -- Joan Faulkner
    10 - We Connect -- Stacey Q
    12 - I Was Made For Loving You -- The Nasty Boys
    13 - Stand Up -- Hazell Dean
    15 - So Glad -- Pepper Watkins
    20 - Saturday Night -- Lauren Grey

Of these 9, I've never heard Terry Iten, Cyndi Cee, Joan Faulker, Pepper Watkins and Lauren Grey so reviews are welcome!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Magnifique is offline Underground Hit [Level 5]

Re: USA Hi-NRG chart, December 1986 *20 years ago*

All rightie, poplives - thanks for posting.

"Can't get, can't get close to you, it doesn't matter what I do..." is my favourite track on that list. Still love it and it would be cool if this track were reloaded or updated (Cyndi Cee - Startin' Over).

When I hear the name Teri Iten I think of "Overnight Success," which I like better than "What a night."

"I don't wanna talk about the weather" was an OK track, but not great - sorry.

"We connect" was the follow-on single/maxi to "Two of Hearts" if my memory serves me right. Not bad, but very similar to 2 Of Hearts.

The cover version of the Kiss track "I was made for loving you" by the Nasty Boys appeared also on zyx records. The track was pretty long, I believe.

Didn't like "Stand Up" and "So Glad."

I do not know "Saturday Night" by Lauren Grey. Is it good?

"Boom Boom" by Paul Lekakis was a must at the time.

Gipsy Queen by Gypsi & Queen was nice like all or most of the tracks that were released under the duo name Gipsy and Queen. My favourite tracks were BROWN SUGAR, ACTION, PLAZA DE SOL and BLACKBIRD.

Gimme the love by Kinky Go was not too great.

Brand New Lover by Dead or Alive was a very long version. I think it was called the bubble monkey mix or something. Very good dance tune.

I think I have to stop now, it's latish and I'm tired.

Do you have more charts you can post? Perhaps one from the very early eighties?

shives is offline Indie Release [Level 4]

Thumbs down Re: USA Hi-NRG chart, December 1986 *20 years ago*

A correction: Overnight Success is by Teri Desario, not Teri Iten. What a Night by Teri Iten is a Saint classic, beautiful melodic hi-nrg in the mid 140s. Both tracks however are must-haves for any serious hi-nrg collection.

World Domination is around 127 bpm, kind-of pop like Bananarama. Not my favorite - I never played this much myself.

I personally like So Glad (125 bpm, kind of funky), the Joan Faulkner track (145 bpm) and Stand Up, a real treat at 150 bpm!

Saturday Night by Lauren Grey is ok I guess, but nothing she ever did could hold a candle to Putting the Night On Hold.

Anyway, of these 9 new entries, What a Night by Teri Iten is easily the best.
    "Make me believe in you....show me that love can be true...."

Thanks Magnifique and Shives for the feedback. I'll definitely be looking for at least a couple of these records.

>Do you have more charts you can post? Perhaps one from
    >the very early eighties?

I've loads so keep watching. The US Hi-NRG chart was monthly so I'll probably probably stick to the "twenty years ago" theme and post that one once a month.

The UK Hi-NRG chart was weekly so there are hundreds of those. I'll try and post an early 80s one soon.

I keep hearing about DMR. Would be great if someone could post charts from this publication?

Energyguy is offline Platinum Record [Level 8]

Thanks for that new chart :icon_lol:
    I have the "two of hearts" 12".. not really that good to be honest. An interesting chart, as many of those did not appear in our UK chart..

Magnifique is offline Underground Hit [Level 5]

Quote Originally Written by shives View Post
    A correction: Overnight Success is by Teri Desario, not Teri Iten. What a Night by Teri Iten is a Saint classic, beautiful melodic hi-nrg in the mid 140s. Both tracks however are must-haves for any serious hi-nrg collection.
    Thanks for the correction, shives. I was too lazy to go into my "warehouse" and check the names on the sleeves. You are absolutely right - Overnight Success is by Teri Desario.

Energyguy is offline Platinum Record [Level 8]

I will try & get some of the UK Record Mirror HINRG charts scanned and posted tomorrow..

Permissions

vagrant-critical