Find a song, artist, record...
    Mario is offline Indie Release [Level 4]

American Bandstand 70s Disco Dancers

Hey Guys...Like everyone on the board, I've loved reliving all of the great sights and sounds of the disco 70's thanks to all of those wonderful old video clips that have recently posted!!! As I was watching Vicky Sue Robinson & Donna Summer on American Bandstand, I was remembering the other stars of that show...The Dancers!!!!!! Do you remember Louis Navoa,Linda Blythe, Joann Campbell? Or how about Johnny Contreras or Peaches Johnson? Wow... :D I was literally glued to my t.v. watching these dancers with the same excitement as I did the performers themselves!!! :lol: Take Care...Mario 8) ( P.S. I wouldn't mind if someone posted the actual Soul Train or Banstand "dancers" dancing to some of our old favorite disco records!!!!)

nice blast from the past! :D

Re: American Bandstand 70s Disco Dancers

Quote Originally Written by Mario View Post
    Hey Guys...Like everyone on the board, I've loved reliving all of the great sights and sounds of the disco 70's thanks to all of those wonderful old video clips that have recently posted!!! As I was watching Vicky Sue Robinson & Donna Summer on American Bandstand, I was remembering the other stars of that show...The Dancers!!!!!! Do you remember Louis Navoa,Linda Blythe, Joann Campbell? Or how about Johnny Contreras or Peaches Johnson? Wow... :D I was literally glued to my t.v. watching these dancers with the same excitement as I did the performers themselves!!! :lol: Take Care...Mario 8) ( P.S. I wouldn't mind if someone posted the actual Soul Train or Banstand "dancers" dancing to some of our old favorite disco records!!!!)
    Johnny Contreras was my best friend I met him late in his career he was and always will be a treasured friend and I was blessed to know him for I was a naive KS kid raised on a farm and he took me under his wing and well his friendship meant the world to me or well at the time was so young..... Anyway if you know of any media his dancing days to his dj career.... I sadly have nothing left of the many many tapes he made for me or I remember watching an outake when he was on either soultrain or bandstand but he went to do this mad spin and his platforms well just spun right clean off ...... I have been combing the net as of late and this was one the few that most certainly was Contessa Mae no doubt

The Owl is offline Test Pressing [Level 2]

Just have to blurt out the following piece of information: on two separate occasions in San Francisco, both in 2009 and 2010, I danced with a woman who appeared on that show. We did the hustle, too, as lights flashed and confetti fluttered down. The occasions: the amazing Remember The Party events with Jerry Bonham spinning the music. Which was beautiful.

Permissions