Thread: Asha Puthli's disco album (L'indiana, 1978/9)

Asha Puthli's disco album (L'indiana, 1978/9)

I submitted this to the main site a little while back (http://www.discomusic.com/records-more/5456_0_2_0_C/). Anyone else here like this album?

Asha was always so underrated IMO.. Both the US and International versions are good, but the Richie Rivera mixes on the US version are definite improvements.. I love the lyrics the on album too; they're kind of unusual for disco, but that's what I like about 'em 8)

YES I didn't know much about her , but I got the 12" and was so impressed I hunted down the album !!
    Good production / good Disco
    What a shame not many seem to appreciate her output ????
    Althogh I believe she was big back in the day with the knowledgable crowd ????

Yes, I love the production too.. Sort of minimalist, and a little bit on the darker side.. right up my alley hehe..

Yeah, she must have had a strong enough following in certain circles for her to have released as many albums as she did.. Aside from this one, her "Devil Is Loose" LP from '76 is also ace! I think that one is her most well-renowned also..

remicks is offline Double Platinum Record [Level 9]

"Producer Jean Van Loo was also the producer behind Chocolats and the Patrick Hernandez mega-hit "Born To Be Alive."
    This fact from your vault notes interests me most NL .... :D .... I know I've got this one buried somewhere.....probably never played ...
    ....just too much "product" in 1979 to digest all of it then ....

Try Asha's 1978 "1001 Nights Of Love" - this spectacular track begins with a slow undulating intro of wailing vocals over sitars and exotic Indian temple percussion. Then a c. 105 bpm bass drum beat kicks in and it becomes a Bollywood disco fantasy, you can picture Asha being carried in by oiled bodyguards in caleidoscopic formations shot from above.

^ I love your description :)
    I actually found an mp3 of that a while back, only managed to get one minute of it (which sounded amazing in itself), I've been looking for the rest since.. I'll probably end up getting one of those vinyl transfers from Asha's website.. The album cover looks amazing too..

Quote Originally Written by neonlights
    ^ I love your description :)
    I actually found an mp3 of that a while back, only managed to get one minute of it (which sounded amazing in itself), I've been looking for the rest since.. I'll probably end up getting one of those vinyl transfers from Asha's website.. The album cover looks amazing too..
    Sounds intriguing. :D

On a completely unrelated matter, why don't you post on that fan forum dedicated to a certain Australian popstar anymore? :cry:

Quote Originally Written by Ida Sessions
    On a completely unrelated matter, why don't you post on that fan forum dedicated to a certain Australian popstar anymore? :cry:
    Hey Jungle! :)

I just needed a break from there.. It got a little tiresome, I actually enjoyed it better back when I lurked and read it once in a while, so I'm back to doing that now..

Re: Asha Puthli's disco album (L'indiana, 1978/9)

what a neat artist with lots of pleasant songs, I never heard before... I asked this in the other thread, but what country is this, names like Jean Luc Dion is a French producer, but then there I saw German names too like Dieter Zimmerman, Rainer Pietsch?

Mr Moonlight

I'm Gonna Dance

1001 Nights of Love

Re: Asha Puthli's disco album (L'indiana, 1978/9)

yes Rainer Pietsch produced and worked with Amanda Lear at her most popular Album, too.
    Asha released in 2010 a new Album called "Lost" but it s more Rock/Pop Style

http://www.amazon.fr/Lost-Asha-Puthl...8821278&sr=1-7

Permissions

vagrant-critical